Monday, May 12, 2014

A Night With Peter Pan

I remember when I was a kid and we were watching Peter Pan and all I wanted was a little bit of Fairy Dust so also I could fly over the world.



We all know the story of Peter and Wendy, where Peter flies to London and goes to Wendy's room because he wants to take her to Neverland so she can tell stories to the lost boys. See this story is for children but the concept is for everyone. Once in a while we all want to fly away from the current world and enter a world where anything is possible if you just believe hard enough.. And imagine if you can do this with your night gown and in the middle of the night, like Wendy did.



Well.. I did it as well.


It was close to midnight and we got a crazy idea to go for an ice-cream and of course I was too lazy to get dressed so I was like what the heck, I'll go with my night gown. So we drove to Citadel, the landmark of Hawler, Kurdistan, to eat the best ice-cream in town. Damn it was good!



Basically this place is the heart of the city and we went there with night gowns, it may sound funny and weird to you but I think we all should try out these things sometimes. I mean so what if its embarrassing and everyone is looking at you, isn't that how you feel alive? I mean look at Wendy! Did she mind fly over London and to Neverland with her night gown? No she didn't. Plus I have to admit, it was really awesome to walk around with my night gown. I felt so free!

“Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” - Peter Pan




Imagine for a second this view. The world is asleep and you are walking around with your night gown and you feel the fresh air going through your hair, silent traffic and the flash of water falling down with each step you take. Now if this isn't freedom, I don't know what is. What if we stopped thinking what others think of us and just be ourselves. Somehow I feel like in Kurdistan, more than in other places, its always about the outer look. The way you dress up, everything should be brands, the car you drive, where you live and where you work. These all matter in Kurdistan, I mean even your phone number needs to be a pretty number without mentioning your car plate. Its all about the outer look. If so, have a look at this.















Now, I didn't care about any of those. I broke the chains and enjoyed full freedom from the norms. If we all did this, miracles would happen in Kurdistan. But no worries, we will make a difference with small steps even if they are baby steps. Something is happening. I could continue writing but I want to stop with a scene of happiness no matter who you are.



























“All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.”  -Peter Pan

With Love,

Taj

No comments:

Post a Comment