Thursday, September 25, 2014

How Precious is Your Time?

Do you ever wonder how limited and precious our time is on earth? I wonder that all the time. Most of the time my thoughts fly when I am sitting on a  bus and listening to music. Here I am again, on a bus going to the airport. The bus takes around 45min and you can't even believe all the things my brain goes through during those few minutes.



I go back in time, to the sweet memories and also to the moments I wouldn't want to think about, but again, I can't stop the flow of my thoughts. Now I am thinking of time. I have in a day 24 hours, 1 440 minutes and 86 400 seconds. At least 7 hours goes for sleeping, so I am left with 17 hours. In those 17 hours I am supposed to work, eat, travel across the town, eat again, perhaps see some friends and then come back home. We can fit in a lot for those 17 hours if we do it smartly.

Lets talk about work. I am 25 years old now and for the past 18 years I have studied; the Finnish education system has prepared me to the world. I am a graduate now and supposely ready to enter the market. Of course, I have worked during my studies but that work wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, it was work to earn money, to survive and most importantly I needed to earn money so that I can feed my hunger for shopping (every girls' problem). I need to emphasize one part: I worked, meaning spent my time, meaning sold my time for an amount of money because I needed to not because I wanted to. This is the part I want to discuss further.


Thus I could say that for the past 7-8 years that I have worked during my studies was waste of time and not what I really wanted to spend my time on but since I didn't have other choices, it was perfect then but what about now. Now that I am supposely ready to offer my knowledge and use my skills, do I really need to work for the money or can I work in a place I love to be, do something I am good at and with all this smile every morning because I am happy. I think Yes.

We can't sell our time, we can't define how much our time costs or we definitely can't compare our time with the amount of money we receive. Hence, I don't understand when we compare how much a woman earns money in India and a woman that earns in Australia (as the picture below can show the difference is huge!). What I want to share is that to the world we all have only 24 hours in a day hence to everyone its the same clicking clock even though for some the clicking clock is more expensive and for others it is a matter of surviving and earning enough to feed their family.
 


I don't want to preach about obvious things but I want everyone to think of time. We shouldn't sell our time for money but instead we should give our time because we want to and even if that given time isn't what you really wanted, then try to see a postive side of it. That clicking clock will never go back, every second is a wasted second or if I may correct myself every second gone is a second remembered -this is the mentality we should keep in our daily routines.


Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ”
Coco Chanel



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment