Friday, October 3, 2014

Our Walk of Fame

I remember it like yesterday. We were playing hide and seek near our house. No matter what play or game it was, we always played together, and the older we got the more time we spent together. Remember on your 18th birthday we popped that bottle of Champagne at the sea? It was in the middle of the night and we waited till its midnight. One hell of a memory right there. In time we grew apart, because we both started to see the world in a different way. I never thought it would have happened but it did. You had different interests than I, and suddenly we didn't agree on anything. It was always a big mess. When people saw us together, they thought we were best friends, couples but never they said you guys are siblings. Siblings, that's what we are. He is my younger brother and I never knew the real him, until this day.

He sent me a message on Facebook and asked to go check his room. I went there without answering him. I saw this wall: Our Walk of Fame



First I was like "what's so special about this wall? Its filled with famous people". Then I went a bit closer and I saw my picture. My birthday letter for him. My little niece. My family on a plane, our first trip to Kurdistan. Movie tickets from years ago. Invitation letter to the Finnish Independence Ball from 2001. I saw basically our whole life in little pieces.







After seeing these pictures I couldn't help myself because I started to have flashbacks about our life, the life we had. Surely we cannot go back in time but we can try to have new memories, try to fix the relationship we had. 

I am blessed to have so many brothers and sisters, but one of them was closer to me than the rest. Even though they all mean the world to me, they are my family. My little brother, the one who designed this wall may be odd to some, but he is different and that was makes him so damn special. He used to tell me that he feels like no one understands him and I looked at him but I did not say a word. Now that I saw this wall, it was like a door to his thoughts, to his feelings and to him.

I've never heard anyone mixing famous people with his family, its like a walk of fame with the stars but integrated with people you actually know. In our case, it was a walk of fame of our Family. Our Walk of Fame.

He is my little brother.


Little Brother, this one was for you. Stay weird, be different and keep chasing your dreams because you really amazed me with this one. You are the annoying one but I know we have more things in common than just our same blood going through our veins. That is being different and standing out!

I am proud of you <3


No comments:

Post a Comment