Friday, February 27, 2015

The Hunt of Kurdish Legends

"If you are scared, you are going to die"

-Aza Nawzad Anwarbag Betwata 



" Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice"

At first, I did not quite understand what Mr. Smith meant. I thought it's just a picture with a text, until I met Aza Nawzad Anwarbag Betwata. It was just an ordinary day and I was scrolling down on facebook, when I saw his facebook profile. He had a picture of Peshmarga as his profile picture and at first I thought it's not his own picture. After having the priviledge to talk to him, I found out that he will be a Kurdish Legend.


While the whole world is still sleeping in their warm beds, our soldiers are wide awake. They get dressed and make sure they have the Kurdistan flag right next to their heart. It was 5.30am my time when Mr. Betwata was on a move. 



"I've slept enough and now it's time to go to the frontline" 



So the question is... Who is Aza Betwata? 
He is no different from you and I, he is the people's choice. He has been raised in the Netherlands but never forgotten his roots. In August 2014 Aza decided to join the Peshmarga Forces. He wanted to join the movement and fight for a Free Kurdistan!

 
Full Name: Aza Nawzad Anwarbag Betwata
Birthday: July 13, 1990 (24 Years old)
Nationality: Dutch
Origin: Xhosnaw, Kurdistan

We have seen and heard many young and brave Kurds from abroad coming back to Kurdistan and fight ISIS. But what makes him different from others? Nothing, but Mr Betwata is a best example of a young Kurd who believes in a better tomorrow. He is ready to put his own life at risk, he is ready to give up on everything only to ensure the safety of our people. 

True braveness at a peak. Our Peshmarga.





Here I am sitting in my neat office, enjoying the ray of the sun light and not worrying about a single thing. In contrast, Aza is in the middle of a battle field making sure none will trespass the border of Kurdistan. It's funny when you put your own life in contrast with someone else's life.  

Suddenly you are more grateful. 


The more I put my head into this topic, the more patriotic I become. I look at Aza and I look at my own life -and I can't even describe how meaningless my own daily routine becomes. My existence feels worthless. Even though I should not because we all are doing something, we are living for something. What makes us all different is that some of us are willing to go the extra mile. They are willing to do something that others are not. 




What happens after the war?

Even though Aza is living everyday as if it is his last, he still has future plans for tomorrow. He is not going back to the Netherlands but instead he will stay in Kurdistan and do his best to change Kurdistan into a save haven for all of us. 


The more I listen to Aza, the more I sense his excitement for a better tomorrow, the more I feel his pain, the more I realize he just might be the key for it all. 

For you that know him, knows he got big plans for Kurdistan and those that does not know him -remember his name. 



At first I saw Aza Betwata as a Kurdish Legend, but after getting to know him more I can tell you all that you are looking at a Future Leader right here.



 Want to follow Aza's life? Here are all the social platforms:


No comments:

Post a Comment