Thursday, September 3, 2015

This is What Genocide Looks Like

Take a close look at the picture below.


Now Imagine this is your child. Imagine you had to leave your home with a hope of a save haven for your child. Not for yourself, but for your child. You are going through hell right here on earth.

I am actually speechless for all the war crimes ISIS is doing against humanity. I am numb for all the hate in the world. I am powerless because we can't stop the war or the hate.

I still remember like it was yesterday when I was listening to my history teacher and he was talking about Hitler's war crimes. At that time I was thinking "wow, and no one did anything to stop him. What a world!". I never guessed that 10 years later I would be the one to witness such cruelty. History keeps repeating itself and we never learn. Do we?

I know what you are thinking. Lots of kids are dying everyday in Asia, Africa and in the whole world. But when will we stand up and say "Enough is enough!". We can't keep letting our people die because they are running away from war! I mean how can we sleep in our cozy warm beds when we know there are people dying because of our style of living?! Our standards and needs are so high that we keep asking for more and more, and who gets hurt? Guess twice.

I won't get into too much politics, because it's one woman's opinion. What we need to do is put our focus on humanity, instead of who wins and who looses.  We are living in the same god damn world, same bubble but yet we have two separate worlds: The West and the East. The rich and the poor. We are breathing the same air, enjoying the same rain and sunset but yet we somehow feel more privileged and close our borders from the ones in need. Not to even mention the rich Arab countries who ain't moving even one finger!

I mean what the hell?!

Since when our lives have prices and labels? Since when I am more privileged just because I was lucky enough to live in one of the safest places in the world? Since when we human beings are the smartest race in the world? Huh..what a laugh! At least animals care for each other, at least animals show compassion and empathy towards one and another.

I am simply disgusted and I blame the world leaders and their unbelievable greediness.

Let's all make a stand and do our part. Always remember to help each other, always show love instead of hate and always remember this innocent child.

May this angel rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment