Monday, July 14, 2014

God did me a favor, again..

I can't even remember when was the last time I sat down and wrote about something. This life takes you to a tour that has no stops, not even if you force the driver to stop. The only way to stop the fast train is to push the breaks down as hard as you can, and if you survive through that break - take a deep breath and look around. Where are you? With who? Where are you going? The basic questions we need to ask ourselves once in a while. I've gone too fast with this train.

When I first saw it, I felt like "wow... this is amazing I gotta jump in and take this chance because its once in a  lifetime", this is what we keep telling ourselves when we see an opportunity that seems just amazing (and sometimes too good to be true). Maybe Im confusing you right now with my fast trains and opportunities, but think of this train as a train that comes by very rarely. You see that special train, you jump in because you just convinced yourself that the train won't ever come back again so you just have to jump in. Now you are in this train, because you are so amazed you got to live and see this, you don't really look, you don't really feel, you don't really react. You know what you are doing? You are simply someone who has been swept away. This moment is called "false reality". The most dangerous place one can be at.

Ever heard people telling you "Keep your eyes open" and you are like "yah yah, its open! What's your problem?". Well they tell you this for a reason! But you don't realize this until your false reality, or as I call it "Bubble world", crashes down. We as human beings try to forget the bad things, we try to find ways around it, we do our best to close our eyes from the truth because the truth hurts too much. But what if we all for once kept our eyes really open, really let ourselves hear, really took a deep breath and looked around. Oh but we can't do this.. Why? Because we are simply too busy to sit down for a coffee and look around.

For thousands of years the world has had only 24h in a day, 60 minutes in an hour and 60 seconds in a minute but why a day feels like 12h, 30 minutes in an hour and 30 seconds in a minute? Why when I look around I don't really see, I don't really feel? I am too busy.

Today I decided I don't want to be too busy anymore. I want to sit down and eat with an amazing taste in my mouth, I actually want to taste it. I want to drink tea without thinking of a message I need to reply. I want to watch a movie without a Facebook notification. I want to sleep without someone waking me up to ask am I sleeping. I want to walk and feel the air through my hair. I want to sit with my sister without having our iPhones in our hand. I want to be loved and love in return. I want to spread happiness. I want to climb the mountain and shout to the world "God without you I am lost".

God.. Where does God fit in any of these? Well hold up, because all of this has one point. Its waking up to the reality and realizing that God did me a favor... AGAIN. How? He knew I can do better, He knew this is not my purpose, He knew I got to wake up.

Funny that waking up thing.. I feel like we are either too busy or always sleeping our eyes wide open. Don't expect big things to happen, start from a small thing. Leave your phone, your laptop, your tv and just go to the nearest person and ask "How was your day today?"

Going straight to my point. Stop wondering why God makes you feel so bad, why God is not giving you what you want, stop blaming others for where you are right now. Have we ever thought, maybe god did us a favor all this time? Maybe god has a better plan for us? Took me ages to understand this too, but now whenever something doesn't go as I want, I thank God. I look around, take a deep breath and just smile.

The world is already too messed up to blame anyone, take a look around yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment