Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Two Parallel Worlds of Finland and Kurdistan


After work I met a friend and we had a cup of coffee. Once I got back home it was close to 8 PM. Couple of hours passed even though it felt like minutes. I opened my convertible sofa and laid on it. I was literally exhausted even though my daily job is not physically tiring just mentally.

Now it was 10 PM and my little sister came to lay next to me. As I was looking at her, I couldn't help myself thinking what if one day I lost her. I can't name a single person in this universe that would never fight with their siblings and we are no different from others. There are days when I can't even stand looking at her because she knows exactly how to piss me off. Nevertheless, I love her a lot and I can't think of anything bad happening to her. There are days when I worry how will she manage if someone treats her bad, or what if she gets lost on her way to a new place. Even a thought of letting her go study alone in a new city freaks me out. I mean how will she manage all by herself! She is just a kid -and in reality she is already 18 years old. 

I guess its love.


I remember an incident from 2009 like yesterday. My little sister was around 12/13 years old and she called me in the morning. She was in school and I was just about to start my shift. I answered the call and in a matter of seconds I felt like my heart jumped to my throat. She was crying over the phone screaming "stop it! leave me alone!". I was in a shock but I managed to get myself together and ask her "what's going on!". No answer, but I only heard her crying over the phone telling me to help her. I couldn't take it anymore and I yelled her name and demanded her to answer me. Finally she told me another girl is bullying her and she is scared because she couldn't defend herself. 

I will never forget that call.


We all know how it feels like when we are completely helpless and our hands are tied. The day I received the call from my sister was the worst day in my entire life. Why? Because I was so damn helpless. I was too far away from her. I couldn't protect her. I couldn't make her stop crying. Most of all, I couldn't teach a lesson to the bully.

No one can argue the strong bond between siblings and loved ones. If we truly care for someone there is not a single thing in this world we wouldn't do to protect them.


Let's think of a parallel world, but don't forget my little sisters' incident. Right now I am laying down on a warm bed with a peace of mind, I feel safe and my stomach is full. I know deep down in my heart even thought I might sometimes forget it that I am blessed. I am blessed since I know the next morning I open my eyes it's a new day with a bright future ahead. I also know that the sky is clear and the day is mine to take.


At the exact same time, but in a different world there is a little child. Whose same minute is uncertain not to even mention the next morning. He is not safe. His stomach is empty. While I have a peace of mind he is shedding tears. The tears are the size of a small bubble, coming down on his cheeks. He is scared. There is not a promise of a safer tomorrow nor a feeling of being cared and loved.


"Just saw this young man crying outside in the rain. Tried talking to him for 20 minutes to see what was wrong but he was too scared to even talk. The strange thing is at least 10 other people walked by and they didn't even seem to notice. He can't have been older than 6; we really have fallen far."

Aryan Qazzaz


The question is, how does this affect me? Well, it doesn't. You are absolutely right. I mean why would you care about someone living in a different world? Miles away if not even light years. See, the point is not about caring, the point is not about doing something, the point is not stopping something bad happening in a different world. 

What's the point then?


Wait, what the flower did I just write.. Rewinding back.

Two different worlds, I mean two Parallel worlds? Oh Hell No. We are actually living on the same god damn planet, living under the same blue sky, enjoying the same ray of light, breathing the same air and YET we separate ourselves with borders of different countries, communicating in languages I have never even heard, we drink and dance differently depending on the culture and then again I sleep in a warm bed but that kid up there is crying bubble tears.


Hmm.. What does my little sisters' incident, this kid and the two parallel worlds got to do with each other? EVERYTHING.

My little sister is everything to me, she is family, and that is the reason why I can never think of living without her. That's why I want to protect her with each breath I got. This feeling, this need of protecting family shouldn't be only for the close people. This feeling and need should be for the whole world. We are not living in two different worlds, we are all the same no matter how hard we try to prove other wise. 

It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, because at the end we all turn into dust and rest in identical graves.


I'm not here to preach any of you, I just want to give you some insight. We should do our best every single day to help each other. We need to hold on to the thought of Family and the strong bond between us. We are the destruction of humanity, which means we are also the key for the salvation of humanity.  


Look into these eyes and decide for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment